Recent studies have shown that screen time, including television, tablet, and smart phone, for children ages 2-10 is on the rise. The rapidly advancing technology, combined with the COVID-19 crisis lockdown, has more children than ever turning to their devices as a source of entertainment, or just to pass time.
While it can be a difficult habit to break, too much screen time is unhealthy for children of any age. We would like to suggest a solution to the less screen time argument in your home. That solution is in the way of books and audiobooks.
There are millions of titles available for children of all ages to choose from, including many that gently introduce children to current relevant topics.
Summer Essential Books
- Colours: A Walk in the Countryside by Rosalind Beardshaw
- Snail Trail by Ruth Brown
- This is Crab by Harriet Evans
- Sharing a Shell by Julia Donaldson
- How Far Do You Love Me by Lulu Delacre
- Lollipop and Grandpa and the Back Garden Safari by Penelope Harper
- Who’s Hiding at the Seaside? By Katharine McEwen
- Counting with a Ladybird by James Mitchem and Dawn Sirett
- I Am Brown by Ashok Banker
- That’s My Daddy by Ruth Redford
- My Hair by Hannah Lee
- Mira’s Curly Hair by Maryam al Serkal
- Happy to Be Me by Emma Dodd
- Happy in Our Skin by Fran Manushkin
- Everywhere Babies by Susan Meyers
- Families, families, families!
- Why We stay Home by Samantha Harris & Devon Scott
- Everybody Worries by Jon Burgerman
Summer Essential Audio Books
- The Little Corona King by Ellie Jackson
- Where The Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
- Blueberries for Sal by Robert McCloskey
- The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson
- Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
Contact Bright Little Stars Nursery
To learn more about Bright Little Stars Nursery and our exclusive Parent Area, please feel free to contact us!
If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it on your favourite social media sites.